The SouthPark area sits 6 miles south of Uptown and is centered around the SouthPark Mall which opened in 1970. The property that now features one of the largest shopping malls in the state was once a part of a 3,000-acre farm owned by former North Carolina Governor Cameron Morrison.
In addition to the mall, SouthPark is also a residential center and one of the largest business districts in Charlotte and the state of North Carolina, with an estimated 40,000 employees. SouthPark also hosts the Charlotte Symphony’s Summer Pops series.
• Toscana – Morrison Blvd
• Upstream – Phillips Place
• Boading – Chinese, across from mall
• Original Pancake House – across from mall, average
• Barrington’s in SouthPark, 704-364-5755
• Roosters –South park, Morrison blvd, 704-366-8688, wood fired food