Finding the right home may be a process of elimination, but nothing beats the feeling you get when you know you’ve found the one. However, before you get caught up in the excitement of it all, here are five things I’d like to go over with you, if you’re interested, before you put in an offer. Forward this on to family and friends who are in the market for a new home—remember, it would be my honor to help them through the process.
1. Learn more about the community – You want to make sure the community you are moving to fits your needs and your lifestyle. Take a walk around the community, drive around the area and explore. See if the area is a place you feel comfortable coming home to.
2. What amenities are close to you – Make sure that the area you are moving to has shops and stores that you are looking for. Are there parks close by?
3. Your Commute – How long will it take you to get to work from your new neighborhood?
4. Expenses – Is there any costs associated with the home or community you are unaware of? Are there a homeowers association dues? Additional taxes?
5. Good Schools – Though everything seems right and you have your decision, be sure to check the local schools. Even if you don’t have children, a good school district can improve your home’s value.